2023 Piranha Important Info
Swim Team Eligibility
A novice swimmer as defined by the West Houston Aquatic League:
- Be between the ages of 4 and 18 as of May 1st
- Demonstrate the ability to enter the water unaided
- Swim one length of the pool without benefit of resting on the bottom of the pool or on the lane ropes
- Swim one length of the pool without the aid of an adult or coach in the water
Registration Fees & Rules
- Registration is $200 per swimmer. $180 for 2nd swimmer & ($160 for current Country Club members)
Registration includes :
- Team T-shirt
- Registration will be open to returning swimmers from March 4th at 8am.
- Based on availability, new swimmers will be allowed to register for the team beginning March 11th at 8am.
As a rule, the swim team has a policy of No Refunds once practice has begun. Any refunds requested before practice starts will require Board approval and will be made less any electronic processing or administration fees already incurred by the team.
By the end of the 8th practice, every swimmer's eligibility will be determined by their coach. If your swimmer is ineligible to swim on the team, we will refund $50 of your registration fee. Any other drop from the team roster, once practice starts, will result in forfeiture of all registration fees.
- All pool rules must be obeyed.
- All swimmers must attend the practice time as designated by their age group.
- Only swimmers swimming in their designated practice time can be in the pool during practice.
- For the safety of all swimmers, please do not talk to the coaches or your swimmer while they are on deck or in the pool. Any questions or concerns must be directed to the coach by email.
- In case of thunder or lightning, the coach will make the call to cancel practice and follow Red Cross Procedures to evacuate the facility.Other Considerations for Participation:
- Swimmers are encouraged to attend as many practices as possible. Lack of attendance could affect relay participation.
Meet Attendance Requirement: When registering, you must do so with the intent of swimming the entire season (excluding Champions Meet and All-Stars). We understand that swimmers may have to miss a meet or two due to illness, a family emergency or some other unavoidable situation. If you register without the intent of swimming all season, this is unfair to those who are willing to make this commitment. We rely heavily on parent volunteers to run our meets. If several families leave before the season is over, this makes it difficult to manage and run our meets efficiently. It also places an undue burden on our other Piranha families. If you do not fulfill the meet attendance or your volunteer requirements, you will not be eligible to register with returning families for the next season. Thank you for your cooperation!
Practice Times: Check the Piranha website for up-to-date information regarding practice times. All practices take place at the Pecan Grove Country Club Pool.
Team Gear: The purchase of a team suit is optional, but highly recommended. You will have a chance at registration and again in May to order personalized silicone swim caps through the Piranhas.
Sponsors Needed : The Piranhas love their sponsors!! Please let our sponsors know how much we appreciate their support. The Piranhas would not be the great swim team it is without them. If you know of a potential sponsor, please contact our treasurer Irene Leal.
Questions: Contact Stacie Hajdik (secretary) at firstname.lastname@example.org